- “Data” includes information that you submit to Vedanta Limited via the website, and information which is accessed by Vedanta Limited pursuant to your visit to the website.
- “Cookies” means a small file placed on your computer by this website when you either visit or use certain features of the website. A cookie generally allows the website to recollect your actions or preference during a certain period.
- “Data Protection Laws” means any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including without limitation the GDPR and the information Technology Act, 2000, as amended or substituted from time to time.
- “GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- “Vedanta Limited” or “us” refers to Vedanta Limited, a company incorporated in India whose registered office is at 1st Floor, ‘C’ wing, Unit 103, Corporate Avenue, Atul Projects. Chakala, Andheri (East).
- “User” or “you” or “your”, as the context requires, means the natural person who accesses the website..
- “Website” means the website that you are currently using, www.vedantalimited.com, and any sub-domains or microsites of this site, unless excluded by their own terms.
Scope and Data Collected
Vedanta Limited collects data for the purpose of the operation of this website. Some of this data may directly be provided by you, such as when you submit an entry, while some data may be collected automatically. We may collect data or portions of data that could allow you to be identified, including:
- Contact information: First and last name, phone number, email address, postal address, country, and other similar contact data may be collected; and
- User profile, profession, employer name, academic year, IP address, and job designation and other such similar information may be collected.
When you submit your personal data through this website, you will be asked consent to it being processed. However, when you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline to provide it.
Our Data Collection Process
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data that is directly provided to us by you; and
- data that is automatically collected pursuant to any Website visit that is made by you.
Data Shared by You
From your use of this website, your data may be gathered by us in numerous ways which include:
- Any contact made to us to you through the website (through the filling of any form, sharing of e-mail address, social media handle, or hyperlink posted therein).
- Your registration with us to receive any of our services, products, and/or any updates or newsletters.
- Your participation in surveys conducted by us or on our behalf.
- Your entry in a promotion or competition floated by us.
- You opting to receive any communications from us (which include any promotional offers,newsletters etc.).
- Any information collected pursuant to a visit made by you to our webpages.
Data that is Collected Automatically
- We carry out automatic data collection during your visit to the website. Such information enables us to further improve the content on our website and facilitates better navigation. The data collected during this process includes your IP address and nature of interaction carried out by you with the content on the website.
- Automatic collation of data may also take place via ‘Cookies’, and this would be dependent on the cookie settings that are set on your browser. For better clarity on the concept of cookies, please refer to the section that is entitled ‘Cookies hereinbelow.
Purpose of Data Collection
We may collect and use your Data for legitimate business purposes and as may be permitted under applicable Data Protection Laws in order:
- To facilitate your download of information from the website and for you to take advantage of the features available on it.
- To share information or interactive services via the website to your e-mail address.
- To seek feedback from you or to contact you in relation to the services offered on the website.
- To process orders or applications submitted by you.
- To administer Vedanta Limited’s obligations in relation to any agreement that you may have with us.
- To pre-empt and resolve issues or disputes with any goods or services supplied to you.
- To process and reply to requests, develop our operations, and communicate information about our products and businesses.
- To enable your subscription to our news alerts.
Disclosure of Data
- The Data is processed in a legitimate and appropriate manner by the business partner or third party, as may be applicable, in line with consent that has been established or in line with applicable Data Protection Laws.
- A reasonable level of security measures have been adopted by the business partner or third party, as may be applicable, to ensure security of the data shared.
Retention of personal Data
Links to other websites
You may contact Vedanta through firstname.lastname@example.org for queries related to this policy.