We recognise your value
Creating an inclusive environment with equal opportunities for you to grow with us.
We are Great Place To Work certified
Vedanta's people-first approach is geared towards fostering a culture that is engaging and empowering. The company’s top class people practices make for an enriching experience for its employees.
We are living in a pivotal moment in India’s history. The nation has never been younger, two-thirds of Indians are under the age of 35. It is a time of opportunity, inclusive growth and digital transformation. At Vedanta, we are building a diverse workforce that leverages latest advancements in technology while continuously focusing on global ESG benchmarks. I encourage our youth to join us in our vision of transforming India for good.
Vice Chairman Vedanta Limited
Creating an environment of safety and trust
Vedanta’s HR philosophy encompasses an inclusive approach to become an industry leading employer across all businesses. The core values of the organization nurture innovation, creativity and diversity. The idea is to create a high-performance culture that recognizes and rewards performers in a fair and equitable manner. Vedanta is committed to providing employees with a safe and healthy work environment and has put in place world-class standards in safety, environment and sustainability.
Our Employee Value Proposition
Support Nation Building
- Being part of one of the world's fastest growing companies
- Largest Natural Resources player, helping being country self reliant / Make in India
- Fulfilling aspirations
Leadership From Within
- Significant roles & responsibilities
- CXOs as Anchors for career growth & success
- Decision-making roles, empowerment & visibility to young minds
- Digital and Technology Projects ; Entrepreneurial & Innovative culture
Rewards & Growth
- Fast-track Growth through ACTUP Programs
- Market Competitive Rewards – monetary / non-monetary
- Rewards are differentiated based on performance
- Stock Options for all hires; Long-term Incentive schemes for HI-PO Talent
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diverse Workforce – Robust pedigree including mix of gender, discipline, specialization
- Pay parity & equity
- Fair & equal opportunity
- Valuing & rewarding ideas & suggestions
Quality Of Life
- Care & Well-Being
- Robust support system for Employees, Families & Stakeholders
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure & Recreational facilities
- Flexibility & Manager’s engagement
We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer
Safety is our first priority
We nurture inclusion and diversity
People are our most valuable asset
Creating opportunities to encourage gender diversity in the workplace
With an intent to avoid gender disparity at work, Vedanta provides equal opportunities for all its employees. We aim to achieve 20% gender diversity in Operations & 50% in Enabling Functions.
Manufacturing industries have experienced an extreme makeover over the past decade - bridging the gender inequality gap within their organizations. Today, corporate companies are far more advanced and modern, requiring a diverse level of skills from both men and women.
Vedanta recognizes this gender gap in the industry and has put in place policies and procedures to ensure greater inclusion of women in its business and has set itself a significant target to increase female representation at work.
- A signatory of the United Nations’ Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP) - ‘Equality Means Business’, Vedanta practises and promotes equal employment opportunities.
- Ms. Sandhya Rasakatla appointed as Mine Manager - Zawarmala Mine (India’s First Woman Underground Mine Manager)
- Ms. Yogeshwari Rane appointed as Head Planning & Development at Kayad Mine as a part of Hindustan Zinc
- At Vedanta, we have launched some unique women-friendly programmes, in addition to the regular initiatives, including Creche, Women Council, etc.
Mentoring in Voyage of O&M
Mentor-mentee program for women professionals forging a strong foothold in Operations, including females in B-shifts, to debunk the myth that women can't work in Operations.
Swaraksha: My Safety, My Responsibility
A unique initiative on self-defense of women by the Security team, covering all female colleagues across business units.
A female fire-fighter squad trained to identify potential fire hazards, respond to fire calls, and take effective action, with the support of Vedanta Fire Service.
An exclusive program specially designed for professional competency assessment & development planning to propel women into key critical roles.
Amplifying the stories of female role models from core operations to break glass ceilings & increase induction in unconventional roles.
Tarang: A new horizon - Women Leadership Development Program
Tarang aims at identifying potential women leaders at mid-management level, assessing their strengths and areas of improvements, and enabling them to take up critical senior-management roles.